We have today launched a new and updated version of our completely wireless in-ear headphones Beoplay E8 (3rd generation),which is the sequel and an improved version of our popular Beoplay E8 2.0. But what’s the difference between Beoplay E8 2.0 and the new Beoplay E8 (3rd generation)? We will below try to clarify the similarities and differences between these two very exciting Bang & Olufsen products.
- are in-ear headphones.
- are completely wireless.
- are designed by Jakob Wagner.
- have a multifunction button on each earbud – touch interface.
- have rechargeable battery and wireless charging (Qi certified) via leather charging case with beautiful brushed aluminium inserts.
- have Bang & Olufsen Signature Sound that can easily be adjusted and customized for your activity via the Bang & Olufsen app.
- have Transparency Mode (three different levels) and Tone Touch which is easily changed via the app.
- have an electrodynamic 5.7 mm speaker unit.
- are perfect for an active daily life in a dust-proof design.
- are made of luxurious and robust materials.
What improvements do you find in the new E8 (3rd generation) headphone? Let’s put it this way: everything you loved at Beoplay E8 2.0 we give you more of at the Beoplay E8 (3rd generation). Improved clarity of calls, ease of use and easy setup, make this our best wireless headphones ever:
- Reduced size: 17% less than Beoplay E8 2.0
- Reduced weight: 11% lighter (from 13 g. to 11.6 g.)
- Total battery life: increased by 119% (from 16 hours to 35 hours)
- Earbud battery life: increased by 75% (from 4 hours to 7 hours)
- Bluetooth 5.1 vs. 4.2 – read our blog post, where we elaborate on the benefits of Bluetooth 5.1
- Improved audio on call via a four-microphone solution and advanced DSP
- New: Fast pairing with Microsoft Swift Pair – read our blog post where we elaborate on what Microsoft Swift Pair is
- New: Fast pairing with Google – read our blog post where we elaborate on how Fast Pair on Android devices works
- New: Basport (relation to sound)
- New: Hall sensors/UI improvement
- New: aptX – read our blog post where we elaborate on what aptX is
- Beoplay E8 2.0: EUR 300
- Beoplay E8 (3rd generation): EUR 350
Beoplay E8 2.0 and E8 3.0 are both discontinued products – Discover our latest in-ear headphones Beoplay EX.